The Daily Skin Care Routine for Glowing Skin
Everyone wants to have beautiful, glowing skin. Ask anyone and they’ll say that having smooth as porcelain, radiant, and clear skin is enough to make any woman (or man!) feel more confident about themselves. Subscribing to a skin care routine for glowing skin can make this happen.
Unfortunately, not everyone knows how to get there. Achieving healthy and radiant skin doesn't have to be difficult, though. By following a simple daily skin care routine, you can take the necessary steps to keeping your skin looking its best.
In this article, we'll outline a basic daily skin care routine that will help you achieve healthy and glowing skin.
But First, Determine Your Skin Type
One of the most important steps in achieving healthy and glowing skin is to first determine your skin type. This will help you modify and adjust your daily skin care routine to best suit your needs. There are five primary skin types: normal, oily, combination, dry, and sensitive skin.
Normal skin is well-balanced and isn't easily irritated. The pores are of average size and aren't usually visible. T-zones may be slightly shiny, but overall, the skin has a healthy, smooth appearance.
Oily skin is characterized by large pores and a shiny complexion. The sebaceous glands produce too much sebum, which can lead to clogged pores and breakouts.
Combination skin is a mix of oily and dry skin. The T-zone (forehead, nose, and chin) is oily, while the cheeks are dry.
Dry skin is often tight, flaky, and may even crack. The pores are small and not usually visible. Those with dry skin also have a dull complexion and may experience more fine lines and wrinkles.
Sensitive skin is easily irritated and can become red or blotchy when exposed to certain triggers like harsh cleansing products, the sun, or wind. The pores are of average size and may be visible.
How to Determine Your Skin Type
There are a few easy ways to determine your skin type at home: the "Wash and Wait" method and the "Blotting Sheet" method.
To do the "Wash and Wait" method, simply wash your face with a gentle cleanser and then wait 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, see how your skin feels. Here’s how to evaluate your skin:
- If it feels dry, tight, or flaky, you have dry skin.
- If it feels oily or greasy, you have oily skin.
- If it feels neither dry nor oily, you have normal skin.
To do the "Blotting Sheet" method, place a clean blotting sheet on your forehead, cheeks, and chin. Press gently and hold for a few seconds. Remove the blotting sheet and see how much oil has been transferred to the sheet. Here’s how you can determine your skin type with a blotting sheet:
- If there's a lot of oil, you have oily skin.
- If there's a little bit of oil, you have normal or combination skin.
- If there's no oil on the blotting sheet, you have dry skin.
Once you've determined your skin type, you can make changes to your daily skin care routine for glowing skin to best suit your needs.
How to Create a Simple Routine to Achieve Glowing Skin
If you're reading this, it's probably because you’ve already tried different morning and overnight skin care routines. Some of these skin care routines may or may not be working, which is why you're looking for better ways to achieve the skin and complexion that you desire.
It's also possible that you're here because you want to know how to come up with the best simple skin care routines for either day or night. And in case this is indeed your first time giving your skin some tender loving, then do keep reading to discover the essentials of glowing skin!
Typically, a morning routine for glowing skin involves the following steps:
And while a nighttime skin care routine for glowing skin lists nearly the same steps, there are subtle differences in each of these steps that can make a whole lot of difference:
That being said, listed below are the skin care essentials that you absolutely must consider to achieve clear, radiant, and glowing skin:
Keep Your Skin Clean
The most important part of any skin care routine is cleansing your skin. This step is important because it helps remove impurities, dirt, and other unwanted particles from your skin. It also serves as the first step in any skincare routine before make up and it also helps prep your skin for the next steps in your routine.
You should cleanse your face twice a day: once in the morning and once at night. Do note, however, that you should also avoid over-cleansing, as this can strip your skin of its natural oils and lead to dryness, irritation, and breakouts.
Depending on your skin type, here's how you should be keeping your skin clean:
- For normal skin, a gentle cleanser is all you need. You can use a foam, gel, or cream cleanser.
- For oily skin, choose a foaming or gel cleanser that contains salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide.
- For combination skin, you can use a gel or foam cleanser. If you have dry patches, you may want to use a creamy cleanser on those areas.
- For dry skin, look for a creamy or foaming cleanser that contains glycerin or hyaluronic acid.
- Sensitive skin requires the gentlest of all cleansers, such as those that are milk-based, oil-based, or non-foaming.
Here are some of Pixi’s popular cleansing products to include in your skin care regimen:
The Pixi Glow Tonic Cleansing Gel, made with Moisclean, glycolic acid, aloe, and ginseng, cleanses the skin and keeps it hydrated – all without stripping your skin of its natural moisture.
Perfect for both day and night skin care routines, apply a liberal amount of the Glow Tonic Gel on damp skin, massage, wash, and dry. All done in less than 5-10 minutes!
Meanwhile, if you’re in the market for a cleanser that also delivers exfoliating action, the Pixi Glow Mud Cleanser might be the product for you. Enjoy deep cleaning and detoxifying ingredients like mud, hyaluronic acid, aloe vera, and more.
Also applicable for use in the morning and at night, all you need is a coin-sized amount of the Pixi Glow Mud Cleanser and you’re all set!
Lastly, the Pixi Rose Cream Cleanser is the skin care product that’s just right for sensitive skin. It soothes and strengthens the skin as it cleanses and nourishes the surface and pores through ingredients like rose, avocado, aloe vera, and chamomile.
Use it daily in the morning and evening to achieve the best results!
Exfoliate Your Skin
Exfoliation is the process of removing dead skin cells from the surface of your skin. It's important because it helps improve circulation, gives your skin a healthy glow, and prevents breakouts.
There are two types of exfoliants: physical and chemical.
Physical exfoliants include scrubs, brushes, and sponges. Chemical exfoliants, meanwhile, include acids like glycolic acid and lactic acid.
You should exfoliate your face once or twice a week, depending on your skin type. However, bear in mind that if you have sensitive skin, you may want to exfoliate less often; but when you do decide to exfoliate, you will want to use a physical exfoliant.
Here’s how to choose which type of exfoliant to use in your skin care routine:
- For normal skin, you can use a physical or chemical exfoliant.
- For oily skin, you may want to use a physical exfoliant like a scrub or brush. You can also use a chemical exfoliant like glycolic acid.
- For combination skin, you can use a physical or chemical exfoliant. If you have dry patches, you may want to use a physical exfoliant on those areas.
- For dry skin, you may want to use a physical or chemical exfoliant. You can also use a hydrating mask or serum to help add moisture to your skin.
- Sensitive skin requires the gentlest of all exfoliants, such as a physical exfoliant like a brush or sponge. You can also use a chemical exfoliant like lactic acid.
Here are two of Pixi’s best-selling exfoliants that you can try out:
The Pixi Glow Mud Mask provides you with a 15-minute revitalizing treatment for glowing skin.
Rich in minerals like kaolin, sea salt, ginseng, and aloe vera that absorb excess oils, fight breakouts, and stimulate the skin, it is recommended that you use the Pixi Glow Mud Mask twice to thrice a week after cleansing.
You can also opt for the Pixi Glow Peel Pads to exfoliate your skin. Each pack contains 60 pads formulated with 20 percent glycolic acid, providing you with an everyday skin care product for your nighttime routine.
With key ingredients like Vitamin E and aloe vera, you can apply the Pixi Glow Peel Pads to the face and neck, which nourishes the skin, evens the skin tone, and minimizes pores, acne, and fine lines.
Use a Toner
If we’re going to be honest, toner is a skin care product that's often overlooked, but it's actually very important for keeping your skin healthy. Toner helps remove impurities and balance the pH of your skin. It also helps prep your skin for the next steps in your routine.
You should use toner once or twice a day every day, depending on your skin type. Again, if you have sensitive skin, you may want to use toner less often, as you will want to avoid irritated, itchy, and red skin.
Depending on your skin type, here's how you should be using toner:
- For normal skin, you can use any type of toner.
- For oily skin, you may want to use a toner that contains salicylic acid or glycolic acid.
- For combination skin, you may want to use a toner that contains glycolic acid or lactic acid. If you have dry patches, you may want to use a hydrating toner on those areas.
- For dry skin, you may want to use a hydrating toner or serum. You can also use a mask to help add moisture to your skin.
- Sensitive skin requires the gentlest of all toners, such as those that are alcohol-free or contain only natural ingredients.
And here are three of Pixi’s toners, with each one offering unique benefits to your skin:
The Pixi Glow Tonic 100ml, which is one of Pixi’s best-selling items, provides your skin with a toner that contains 5 percent glycolic acid, aloe vera, and botanical extracts to nourish, exfoliate, and brighten the skin.
Alcohol-free and gentle on the skin, the Pixi Glow Tonic is the perfect product for your morning and evening skin care routines!
If you’re on the hunt for a toner that provides your skin with a rejuvenating effect for a glowing and youthful-looking complexion, then why not try the Pixi Retinol Tonic?
The Pixi Retinol Tonic contains a special time-release retinol that drives collagen production, effectively reducing the appearance of fine lines; peptides for a plump and fresh look; and jasmine flower for smoother and softer skin. It’s the everyday skin care product for both day and night.
The Pixi Vitamin-C Tonic 100ml gives your skin the vitamins and antioxidants that it needs to keep it protected from free radicals, as it hydrates, brightens, and strengthens through the healthy production of collagen.
With probiotics, willow bark, and citrus extracts, you get to enjoy a skin care product that works on all skin types and is fit for your daily daytime or nighttime routines.
Use a Serum to Address Certain Skin Concerns
Serums are lightweight, concentrated skin care products that are designed to target specific concerns. They can be used to help reduce the appearance of wrinkles, brighten the skin, and even out the skin tone.
You should use a serum once or twice a day, depending on your skin type and the ingredients in the serum. It bears repeating that if you have sensitive skin, you may want to use a serum less often.
A skin care serum can provide various benefits:
- For normal skin, you can use a serum to help reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
- For oily skin, you may want to use a serum that contains salicylic acid or glycolic acid. This helps reduce the appearance of pores and control oil production.
- For combination skin, you may want to use a serum that contains hyaluronic acid. This helps hydrate the skin and plump up fine lines and wrinkles.
- For dry skin, you may want to use a serum that contains hyaluronic acid or glycerin. This helps hydrate the skin and add moisture.
- Sensitive skin may benefit from using a serum that contains niacinamide or vitamin C. These ingredients help brighten the skin and even out the skin tone.
Here’s a list of Pixi’s best-selling and must-have serums for your skin care regimen:
A few drops of the Pixi Glow Tonic Serum serves as the skin care treatment for glowing and brighter skin!
It is a lightweight serum that delivers exfoliating, hydrating, and nourishing action through key ingredients, such as glycolic acid, fruit extracts, aloe, ginseng, lecithin, and ascorbic acid, just to name a few.
Best used after cleansing and toning the skin, simply massage the serum unto the skin before moisturizing and you’re good to go.
You can also achieve glowing skin with the Pixi Overnight Glow Serum. As the skin care product for evening use, you get to allow your skin to exfoliate overnight.
The Pixi Night Glow Serum is not only rich in vitamins, but it also contains 10 percent glycolic acid, arginine, aloe vera, and cucumber extracts that soothe and nourish the skin as you sleep soundly.
Feel your skin become plumper and smoother as soon as you wake up the next day!
Last but definitely not the least, the Pixi Botanical Collagen and Retinol Serum is a powerful skin care product that revives dull-looking skin with a potent combination of collagen, retinol, and vitamins.
As a daily serum for the skin, the Botanical Collagen and Retinol Serum softens fine lines and gives your skin that youthful glow that many women look for in their skin care routines.
Moisturize Your Skin
Moisturizing your skin is an important step in any skin care routine. Moisturizer helps hydrate the skin, protect it from environmental damage, and prevent dryness.
You should use a moisturizer once or twice a day, depending on your skin type. If you have sensitive skin, you may want to use a moisturizer less often.
Here's how you should be using moisturizer in your skin care routine:
- For normal skin, you can use any type of moisturizer.
- For oily skin, you may want to use a light, oil-free moisturizer.
- For combination skin, you may want to use a light, oil-free moisturizer on the oily parts of your face and a more emollient moisturizer on the dry parts.
- For dry skin, you may want to use a thicker, more emollient moisturizer. You can also use a hydrating mask or serum to help add moisture to your skin.
- Sensitive skin requires the gentlest of all moisturizers, such as those that are fragrance-free and contain only natural ingredients.
Check out these moisturizers from Pixi and find the one that caters to your skin type:
Achieve radiant and glowing skin with the Pixi Glow Mist!
Formulated with 13 of nature’s most powerful oils, propolis, aloe, and fruit extracts, the Pixi Spray Glow Mist works as a makeup setting spray that also hydrates, nourishes, and strengthens the skin.
Enjoy a dewy look every day with a moisturizer that won’t hurt your purse!
Meanwhile, you can also go for the Pixi Rose Oil Blend – the hydrating skin care product that you can mix with your daily moisturizer for either daytime or nighttime applications.
Rich in oils that keep your skin looking youthful and glowing, the Rose Oil Blend offers the following key ingredients: sweet almond, rosehip, jojoba, pomegranate seed, and more.
The Pixi Hydrating Milky Serum gives your skin the nutrients that it needs to strengthen its elasticity and bring out its natural glow. It contains ingredients like rose flower extract, jojoba oil, and aloe vera, among others, to nourish and hydrate the skin.
Perfect for either morning or nighttime skin care routines to achieve glowing skin, all you need are two drops of the Milky Serum after cleansing and toning to enjoy its nourishing effects.
Apply Sunscreen Regularly
One of the most important steps in any skin care routine is to apply sunscreen every day, even when you're not planning on spending time outside. Sunscreen helps protect your skin from the sun's harmful UV rays, which can cause premature aging and increase your risk of developing skin cancer.
You should use a sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30 and reapply it every two hours, or more often if you're sweating or swimming.
Depending on your skin type, here's how you should be using sunscreen:
- For normal skin, you can use any type of sunscreen.
- For oily skin, you may want to use a gel-based or light lotion sunscreen.
- For combination skin, you may want to use a gel-based or light lotion sunscreen on the oily parts of your face and a more emollient sunscreen on the dry parts.
- For dry skin, you may want to use a thicker, more emollient sunscreen.
- Sensitive skin requires the gentlest of all sunscreens, such as those that are fragrance-free and contain only natural ingredients.
If you’re looking to complete your skin care routine using an all-Pixi lineup, here’s the Pixi Sun Mist, the SPF 30 sunscreen spray that helps combat harmful UV rays, prevent sunburns, and decrease the risk of skin diseases.
Formulated with chamomile, aloe, and bamboo extracts, the Pixi Sun Mist is a must-have sheer spray to complement your everyday skin care regimen.
Flaunt Your Glowing Skin with a Daily Skin Care Routine
Glowing skin is characterized by its clear, radiant, and healthy appearance. And given these steps, you now know how to create a daily skin care routine to achieve glowing skin!
However, no matter how expensive, intricate, or tedious your skin care routine may be, do know that all good things take time. Glowing skin doesn't just happen overnight, but by religiously sticking to your routine, you'll keep your skin looking its best. Expect to see and feel the results of a skin care regimen that works in six to 12 weeks!
Gain a level of self-confidence with a glowing complexion, regardless of season or skin type! Try out these tips, alongside the featured Pixi products, and show off your new, healthy skin to the world. In three to four months of a consistent use, you can then truly evaluate the results.
So, what's keeping you from starting your skin care routine? We're sure your skin can't wait to get pampered.
Shop today to get started!